Thursday, 30 June 2011

So we're going glamping!

I've always considered myself a diehard camper. I remember summers as a child full of woods, fields, fires, marshmallows, fresh air and (sometimes) sleeping under the stars. Now i've got a family of my own I'm trying to show them the beauty of our country through camping. Little did I know that I've actually become a 'Glamper' over the years. I've finally taken the plunge and gone from sleeping under horrible plasticy fabric to canvas. This weekend sees my SoulPad 5000 's first outing and I cannot tell you how excited I am about it. I put it up in a local park (!) yesterday and it really is the easiest thing I have ever done. I watched a few clips on youtube and did it from beginning to end in less than 20minutes, I'd say that's pretty spectacular. So, I've got the tent, now I need the accessories. So what have we got? Well like all things it takes time to work out what you need and to afford it bit by bit. This week I made some granny stripe cushions and some bunting. We've used a vintage feather bedspread as floor covering for a long time so of course this will be coming with us too. I will of course take plenty of pictures when it's all set up and will be blogging about our adventures over the summer as well as the things i'm planning on making - first on my list is a tea light chandelier! For the time being i've Gone Glamping.........

No comments:

Post a Comment